Welcome to our artist profiles page. Here you can read about musicians from all over Africa, learn about there recordings and background.
We hope to be able to add new profiles as time permits, if you like what you see here be sure to let us know.
- "Chamber Music" for Kora & Cello
- Malian koraist Ballaké Sissoko & French cellist Vincent Ségal's present a new take on classical Manding music with the release of "Chamber Music" Six Degrees Records; January 11, 2011)
Learn about Vincent Ségal's deep connection to Malian music...
- Taj Mahal
The Africa Fête 1999 tour brought many talented artist to audiences across North America.
Musicians and their fans traveled from all over the globe
for this event. American blues and folk singer Taj Mahal was present with an ensemble of top flight Malian musicians.
Hannibal/RYKO had recently released their ground breaking recording "Kulanjan."
Read this rare backstage interview with Taj...
- Ali Farka Touré
- One of Mali's most revered musicians Ali Farka Toure, and his protégé Afel Bocoum recently finished
their North America tour. Cora Connection has a deep connection with
Ali Farka Toure...
- Mamadou Diabaté
- Bringing kora music from Bamako to Brooklyn and now to the world with his new debut CD release, Tunga. Cora Connection's webmaster David Gilden originally met up with Mamadou during his second visit to Bamako, Mali...
- Djelimady Tounkara
- Lead guitarist for the Super Rail Band of Bamako. A preminent figure in Manding music for thirty years. Djelimady remains a strong contender for the title of Greatest African Guitarist...
A Senegalese music veteran comes of age. Cheikh Lo created an Afropop landmark with his international debut "Ne La Thiass." What now?....
Babacar Dieng and his band Diengoz play music that you would hear if you were traveling
in Senegal or Gambia. Diengoz's modern sound is based on deep traditional African roots. They have taken up residence in Madrid, Spain
where they gig and record. They have just released their second record